UTFCast Pro will produce a warning if it is not sure of a file's codepage. Here's why: Some files are in warning status. Running a conversion session will not convert files in warning status unless you accept the detection results or make corrections to them. With the below steps, you can get rid of the warnings effectively even with many files.
- First, you need to start a conversion/detection session because File View does not provide tools for result correction.
- When you see warnings, please wait for the session to finish because you'll get rid of all of them at a time.
- Click on the Status column header to sort the file list. It'll make your next step easier.
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click the files with your left mouse button to select multiple files, or hold down the Shift key and click on the first and last files to make a range of selection, just like selecting files in Windows Explorer.
Right-click on any file in the selection range to bring out the right-click menu.
- If you are satisfied with the detected codepage, choose 'Accept result' to allow the conversion, or choose 'Make correction...' to change the codepage.
- 'Make correction...' lets you preview the conversion result with different codepages. Click OK when you find a satisfied codepage, and your files will be converted.